Hafthor Bjornsson , also known as The Mountain, has the Arnold Strongman Classic 2020 won. His third win in a row at the annual event. Bjornsson crashed the rest of the competition on day two during the Elephant Bar Deadliftwhere he pulled 465 kg.
After the competition, Hafthor said “1. Place baby! I won the Arnold Strongman Classic 2020! 3 years in a row !!! Words cannot describe how happy and grateful I am for the support around me. I was very confident this year that I would do well because I knew I had done the job, but I was pushed so hard by the other great athletes ... I'm so grateful for the support team I have had worked with me for this competition. “He went on to thank his wife, parents, trainer, and nutritionist.
Mateusz Kieliszkowski from Poland took second place after a third place in 2019. Martins Licis from Los Angeles, currently the strongest man in the world, who finished second in Columbus last year, came in third.
Arnold Strongman 2020 Results
- 1. Hafthor Bjornsson Island, $ 72.000
- 2. Mateusz Kieliszkowski Poland, $ 22,000
- 3. Martins Licis USA, $ 17.000
- 4. Jean-Francois Caron Kanada, $ 12,000
- 5. Oleksii Novikov Ukraine, $ 10.000
- 6. Mikhail Shivlyakov Russland, $ 6.500 / Rob Kearney USA, $ 6,500
- 8. Jerry Pritchett USA, $ 4,000..
- 9. Bobby Thompson USA, $ 3,000.
- 10. Matjaz Belsak Estonia, $ 2,000.